Monday, March 19, 2018

No, I didn't wear green here in Brazil....03.19.2018

Hey everyone,

     This week was full of mental work and not much boots on the ground. Tuesday night we left for Juiz de fora for the Mission leadership council, then the next day was zone conference, and as soon as we got back we had to do 5 baptism interviews. 




After the leadership council there was about 3 hours before we could go back home, so I went on splits with my old MTC companion Elder Ricks! It was a good time and we got to remember old memories. We also had a meeting with the sister leader trainers about what we could do to help the zone and it was very productive. There are going to be some changes here in the zone.
 
     This week was full of good experiences including the baptism of Samuel! He is 11 years old and his life is really rough, but he is a relative of a member that brought him to church and he is loving it. This Sunday the two wards in Lafaiete divided and formed a 3rd ward here. It was great to see that the work is going forward, and our district baptized 4 people this week. Every week my vision of the Lord's work and our purpose here on the earth is increasing. Lots of things change on the mission and i am loving the whole experience. The church is true and miracles happen. 


Did you ever get your birthday package?

I got it this week! I still haven tmade the cheesecake but it will eb made soon. Thanks a lot!

How many will be returning to Utah on your flight in your group that is released?  Is it only Elder Nichols?

I think it will be Elder Nichols, siser griffin, sister mckenna, and sister Faupula. I learned this week that these sisters will be returning with us.

I'll put together another package.  Only request so far is peanut butter.  Is powdered good (I figure a jar costs me $15 to buy and mail)  Anything else?

To be honest the best things to send are candy and sweets that i cant get here. Missionaries with food, letters and baptisms are happy. I would say send more razers, but i think i will buy an other razer here because mine is black...

Today we are going to eat açai, play guitar, and maybe take elder pereira to the Christ statue. Nothing too fancy planned yet.  

Until next week!-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment