Monday, April 23, 2018

Ou Vai Ou Racha!!....04.23.2018

Hey Everyone,

    Let's start off the week with a miracle. The first 3 days of the week we were able to enter only 2 houses. Then on Thursday it started off with an investigator giving back a Book of Mormon. I already had one in my bag so I just kept it in my hand and went to work. We weren't able to teach anyone again and 6:00 when we had marked to visit some investigators with the bishop he called and said an emergency came up and he had to go to Ouro Branco. I just looked to Elder Pereira and we had one more name to visit on that street, and guess what happened?   The house didn't exist. However, as I was looking for the house a man named Thiago walked up to me and said  "My friend gave me a Book of Mormon a while ago, but I lost it. What do I do to get another one?"  I said that they are free and we went in his house and explained a little bit more and he talked about how he was trying to change his whole life. That he had left the world of drugs, survived a coma, and is almost free of the addiction of smoking. He is looking for a church to help him and answer his questions and when we taught him about the Restoration he said that it just makes sense. And the best part, his mom liked the message and they went to church this Sunday. 

     Thursday also had the wedding of Felipe and Janaina, who I helped marry and then Saturday was the baptism. Although the wards divided and they are of the other ward we went there to celebrate with them. It was great. 





     Friday we told the sisters in Lafaiete that we are going to interview everyone who already went to the church once. We spent the whole day in their area and we did 9 interviews. And for all our work one of them named Caio was baptized on Saturday. We met with lots of people that are going to baptize soon and are going to change their lives. 

     Sunday was one of the best Sundays here in respect to the quality of the meetings. What left me most impacted was the Elder´s Quorum where they talked about the new Ministers of Christ program. They gave areas to take care of for each companionship and even Thiago said that the church is really organized to care for its members. It was a great class. 

Today is Elder Pereira´s birthday and we well celebrate somehow. We don't know yet. 

What Brazilian food have you learned to cook there?  Could you cook it here?

I have learned to cook stroganoff, rice, and I have made pão de queijo. I think that the U.S. has everything required to make them.
Until Next week!
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment