Monday, October 2, 2017

Great General Conference weekend...10.02.2017

Hello everyone,

The mission rule  changed to just an hour of email on p-day and  I am adapting. For those who don't know I am a  trainer. I am training Elder Miranda who is from Sao Paulo. It is different than normal. We have an extra hour of companion study to do a program for all new missionaries called "The first 12 weeks."  I have to do most of the planning a resolving problems but I try to show Elder MIranda how to do things. It is a learning process, and he is pretty humble and observes everything that I do. 

     As for teaching we are teaching Antonia and her son Ricardo. They want to change their lives and are really excited. If all goes well they will be baptized this Saturday. Ricardo is really timid and lost his dad recently so we got to teach about the Plan of Salvation which really helped him. We also encountered a women called Sueli this last week. She has a huge family of 10 kids and more than 20 grandkids. She liked our message, accepted a baptism date, and invited us to come back. There is also Altair and Joao . Altair is 77 years old and just needs to stop smoking. Joao is 19 years old and we want to baptize them together. 

     This general conference was really good and had a lot of talks about the Book of Mormon. Russell M. Nelson started off with a great story of how a king of an african tribe was converted because of the Book of Mormon. Then he went on and asked 3 questions, one of which was " How would your life be without the Book of Mormon?" It is a question that all of us need to ask ourselves. I know that my life would be drastically different without the Book of Mormon and not different for the better, but for worse. Tad R, Calluster gave a great defense and then took the offense against people trying to challenge the authenticity away of the Book of Mormon. It was a great talk. I would also like to give an honorable mention out to Craig Zwick who gave my personal favorite talk of conference. He gave some good stories and examples to talk about how our perspective is really important. There were lots of good talks but these 3 were some of my favorites.

Did you get to watch priesthood live?  That would have been 9-10:30 your time?

We got to watch the first 30min only. I will have a member download them onto a pendrive to hear later. 

How was the dermatologist?

Long story short the dermatologist wasn't there... I don't want to have to go to Teresopolis just for this again so I will just try that soap thing that you had sent me 2 weeks ago.

 Until next week!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment