Monday, September 25, 2017

Training Elder Miranda...09.25.2017

**Nina here*** No group email from Ethan this week.  He's finding that he doesn't have much time to email with the new 1 hour time frame.  Hopefully he'll figure out to email the group letter first.  He didn't even talk about how he's got a brand new missionary companion (Elder Miranda) and will be training him this transfer.  He also has 2 people who are planning to be baptized this week.
Here's some things he said to me and of course the question and answer portion that I think is fun to share***



Elder Miranda is a native from Sao Paulo. Have you seen a photo of him? I am pretty sure Pres. Lacerda put something up on Facebook. 

The plan for today is go into centro and relax. We already played some basketball and pingpong and now we might go for some acai. The hike wont be happening very soon. No one has a camera to take pictures and that is the main purpose of the hike and the cool hikes are only open on mondays if there is a holiday. 

Oh this Wednesday I will be going to Teresopolis for a dermatologist appointment. Sister Lacerda was here at the stake conference and said that the mission would pay for it if I went so why not give it a try. Lets see what the Brazilian doctors can do. Don't worry about a medication if there will be one, because I have to have everything passed by Sister Lacerda first. 

Time is ending...

We will be getting 80 Reais more every pay period so that will help a ton. This money must be used for healthy foods and we send the receipt to the mission home to prove it. It will be great.


Who else lives in the house with you now after transfers?

I am training elder Miranda, Elder Guiterrez stayed in the house and his companion is Elder Mires.

Did we send you with a micro fiber towel?  If so, do you use it?  Would you recommend others bring one?

No I don't have a micro fiber towel, but i know people who have one and yes I recommend one. If it is what I am thinking it is, it is much smaller, lighter and helps to not take up much space.

I ordered a replacement camera and have a courier service that will take it to Brazil and mail it from within the country....it takes mini sd cards.  Is that what you have?

Yes I do have a mini sd card to use with it. Is it the same camera, or is it different and you have already bought it?

What small and light things could I put in the package for the courier?  Sunscreen?  Deoderant?  Hard candy?  Chocolate? Peanut butter?


Sunscreen I can get here, Deodorant i still have 3, candy is always great. If you want you could send a violin song that you like that is a little more challenging and I will learn to play it. I am wanting some new songs to play. Peanut butter would be good as well. Oh and some reeses!


No comments:

Post a Comment