Monday, November 20, 2017

Devotional with Elder Antunesand more work in Nova Friburgo...11.20.2017

Hey everyone, 

     This week was really good. Today is actually a holiday, so it was the normal scramble to try and get a place to use the internet, but we got it worked out. 

We had a special mission devotional with Elder Antunes who is a 70. It had all the mission menos 2 zones, but I got to see lots of old friends. I also got 2 packages and my replacement camera so I can send pictures again. Oh but I almost didn't get the camera because it was in a box with Elder Hill´s name as well. In the end it all worked out. 






     Elder Antunes taught us a lot but I will just share a few things. He talked about the difference between a Just man and a Holy man. A just man is fair to all and strives to do things right, but a Holy man doesn't need to try because righteousness has become who he is. That we need to let the gospel transform us so that is isn't just a part of us, but it is us. He then continued about light. The scriptures talk about the light of Christ and how we need to be a light in the darkness. The more we are like Christ, the more light we have. 

On the Earth our blood is what gives life, but after we resurrect we don't need blood. The light that we have gained gives life to us  The light we gain here, together with God´s mercy, will be our glory in the next life, so we need to get to work here. It was a great experience.

     As for our investigators Jocimar will be baptized this Saturday. We had a good talk with Eduardo to see what is holding him back and he talked a little bit about his fears to mess up after the baptism. And we were able to help him with this doubt and made a deal with him to pray every day. He loves the church and wants to continue coming but just has this little thing holding him back. We met some others, but I will talk about them as they progress a bit more. 




Why do you (and others) do the thumbs up in most photos?

I dont know, just to do something I guess. Like hey this is fun. 

Do you still have room in your journal(s)?  Did we send you with one or two?

Yes I still have one journal. I am almost halfway done with the first one... You had sent 3 but the other 2 I gave one away and I traded the other for a tie :)

Are you gaining or losing weight?

I have gained a little bit of weight. About 12 lbs.

Who can we pray for by name this week and why?

Please pray specifically for Eduardo to not have fear of messing up after baptizing, and for Jocimar that everything will go all right.


Until next week!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment