Monday, December 18, 2017

Zone leaders and a new area....12.18.2017

Hey everyone,

    I think I sent out that I got transferred but just to make sure that everyone knows I am in Conselherio Lafaiete with Elder Gale. I am back in Minas Gerais. It is really hot here, but it rains a lot, and it isn't as humid as Rio so that is good. 

     My last week in Nova Friburgo was full of lots of goodbyes. I was wanting to leave but I was wanting to stay at the same time. I had lots of great experiences there and I won't forget everyone in Nova Friburgo. We had lots of people to work with, but Elder Miranda stayed there and will hold down the fort. 

     As for this week I think it has been one of the weeks that I have worked the most in my mission. Wednesday we had to go 3 hours by bus to São João do Rei to do a baptismal interview and then run back to go to a Family Night at the Bishops house. 



The next day we were running from appointment to appointment. One woman that we met was a reference of a member. She is called Efigênia and she had spilled boiling water on her feet and was in the hospital. We went there to visit her and we talked about the priesthood. We gave her a blessing and the next day we went to see how she was. To our surprise she had already gone home. We went to her house and she told us how the blessing had worked miracles. She wasn't able to walk, was taking morphine, and couldn't sleep; but after the blessing she slept well and recovered enough to be able to go home. Now we're are teaching her and she said that next week she will go to the church. It was a great experience. 

     Friday was full of Baptismal interviews as well so we only had half the day to work in our area. Saturday was normal with lots of work. Sunday we met with a friend of a member and we taught the restoration. Today we will go back there at night to see if she read a part of the Book of Mormon that we marked and if she prayed to know if it is true. We also had ward council meeting, meeting with our ward mission leader and a meeting with the stake president. Everyone is really excited to work and we made the ward mission plan. If everything goes right I will be working a ton with the members. We got 72 references from the meeting alone. Now we have to contact these people. I am really excited to work here and it is going to be a challenge.

Do you enjoy teaching the English classes?  How have you learned to teach?

I like the people that are there, it's fun to talk with them. If they speak a little English it is good to mess with them and have a conversation, but I am learning patience in teaching English. I think that I have learned to teach a little bit. This is the 4th time that I am involved in English Class. 




What things will you be responsible for as a Zone Leader?

As zone leader we have to note down the numbers of the zone every Wednesday and Sunday. On p-day we have to pass the numbers to the assistants. We also do the baptismal interviews of the District leaders in the zone. The District that we are part of doesn't have a District Leader so we are the District Leaders as well. So we have to prepare the District Meeting every week. Lots of things...
 
Until next week!





-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment