Monday, February 26, 2018

Goodbye February...02.26.2018



Hey everyone,

This week was a week full of problem solving. I don't think that there was one day that went as planed in our daily planning. It was full of good problems though because all the areas in the zone were calling to mark baptismal interviews. We had to go to Ouro Branco, São João del Rei, and do 3 interviews on the other side of the city for the sisters. I will admit that lots of walking was involved and today I am just resting. 

     President Lacerda gave the promise that every companionship of faith would baptize this week and I was a little worried because of the time spent away from our area, but I know that when we are on the Lord's errand He cares for our sheep. We were only able to meet with Nathália one time this week, but we worked with members to pass by her house, we called her as well and at the end of the week she was baptized!!! It was a great baptism and had a choir of the Institute students. In the 3 weeks that we know Nathália it is cool to see the happiness in her countenance. You can see the light of Christ in her eyes now, and now we are working with her mom and brother to be baptized as well. 



     I know that doctrine understood is doctrine applied in our lives. The more that I study and live what I preach the more that I am able to feel the spirit. In a conversation with a member called Marcôni here he talked about how to gauge your spirituality. He said that if you can say that your last spiritual experience was the last time you prayed then you are doing it right. You can even feel the spirit when you pray to bless the food. I focused a lot this week to be attentive to the spirit every moment that I prayed and although I may not feel the spirit every time I bless the food, I am feeling it with more frequency. 

The mission is awesome and I am excited for transfers next week. I think that I will be staying here because Elder Gale has been here for longer than me, but everything is in the air. 



Until next week!
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment