Monday, March 5, 2018

Staying in Lafaiete...03.05.2018

Hey everyone,
     This week was full of great lessons a families. First off I had the most spiritual lesson of my mission with Elison and Michele. We had left the pamphlet about the Restoration with them and they had studied it completely! When we arrived there they already knew everything. Michele´s mom that lives next door also participated and Elison explained everything to her without us needing to do anything. They said that our message was opening their vision and that they are praying for a confirmation, but believe it to be true. The only sad thing is that they will be moving to Belo Horizonte because Elison doesn't have a job and there was an offer in Belo Herizon... At the end of the lesson there was a guitar and I asked if I could see it and I started playing "Peça a Deus" and Elder Gale and I sang it. Then Elison took the guitar and played "Hallelujah" in Portuguese and the spirit was so strong. We said goodbye and might have one last meeting with them depending on when they will move, but as we left their house I felt very light. We had lots of things to resolve, but I wasn't worried at all. At least they said that they would look for the church in Belo Horizon and there are lots there. 

 Elison and Michele

     Another miracle this week involves something called a contact of fire. It is challenging someone to be baptized in the first encounter. I did this with a 18 year old called Guilherme and he accepted. We taught him on Wednesday and Sunday he went to church. He arrived 1 hour early. We had arranged to meet with him at his house and then go together, but as we started on the long road to his house he was already arriving. To make things better in the first class, he turned to me out of nowhere and asked what was the date and hour of his baptism. He just has to go to church one more time and then the next week he will be baptized. 

     There is another investigator called Lívia that has frequented the church for 7 years. Her parents are baptized, but she is still looking for her answer. She has already told us that she wants to be baptized, but still needs a confirmation before she takes that leap of faith. As we were eating lunch at home one day we decided to listen to some talks that I had with me (thanks Mom!!), one of which was Elder Holland´s April 2013 talk "Lord I Believe." It was perfect for Lìvia and so we sent her the link for her to watch and when we went to teach her she said that she loved it. She is sooooo close to being baptized and here soon she will see clearly her proper testimony that she already has. 

     Transfers are out and I will be staying here in Lafaiete and my new companion will be Elder Pereira. Elder Gale will be going to Leopoldina. It was a good run with him in Lafaiete and i will stay in touch. The zone will receive lots of new missionaries and I am excited for this new transfer. 

The last district meeting for Sis Braga!

Dinner with Mara and Renato

Elder Smith, Brother Wilson, Elder Gale

Felipe and Janaina

No comments:

Post a Comment