Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Last transfer...new city...05.28.2018


Hey everyone, 

     So I am now here in Juiz de Fora with Elder Ribeira, Elder Ogden, and Elder de Sousa. Interestingly, Elder Ogden is from Draper as well and even went to Summit for 2 years. I found out that we know a lot of the same people. Elder Ribeiro is from Fortaleza and has 9 months in the mission field. I am the oldest by a long shot. Elder De Sousa also has 9 months in the mission field and is from Curitiba. Elder Ogden has 7 months that he is in the mission field.   It is weird being the oldest one in the mission. But it is cool to see the things that I have learned and help the people that are starting their mission right now learn faster.   We saw the guys from the mission home home today. Probably we will see them every p-day. There are 12 sisters and 10 elders in the zone. I don't know about how many houses for missionaries there are, but the mission home is 40 minutes walking from here. 

  Juiz de Fora is a big city and there is a lot of people here and a lot of hills. There isn't much different about being here in Juiz de Fora. It is good that I don't have to make conferences to talk with everybody in the Zone. The city center is huge as well so whatever I need it is easy to get.  I visited a lot of the area with Elder Ribeira going after people that had already gone to the church before. We are starting to make a teaching group but there isn't much to tell yet.  The area is lacking a little bit of people to teach. To be honest, there are 2 duplas here but they were in tri for 2 weeks and so when I arrived to complete the second dupla they divided who they had and so we are fighting to get more people to teach.  It is different than Lafaiete in lots of ways. I am sad that I don't know everyone yet and in Lafaiete I had the confidence of the members and got lots of references but now I have to gain the confidence of the members again. 
     Sunday a speaker didn't show up so 5 minutes before sacrament meeting started the Bishop asked me to speak. Luckily on the mission we have the gift to speak at least a little bit and I as able to talk about the family that the church is and how everyone plays a part. 

    Today we played basketball with the missionaries from the other district Elder Arruda and Elder Azvedo. It was a good change in the p-day. However i am dead tired now and will just relax. The mission life as always is great. Until next week!

p.s. this Lan house isn't working to send photos...  

Questions:

How has the fuel strike affected you there.  Did you get extra food and water?  How long will it go on?

Juiz de Fora is out of gas and lots of things are in need. It has affected everything even Burger King who doesn't have cheese, sauce, and french fries... It doesn't affect our work much though, it just means that more people will be at home because the schools aren't functioning as well. 

What's the vibe in the apartment in JDF?  Funny?  Serious?  Friendly?

The vibe is friendly/funny. I am liking this house.   It is different than the old apartment from my 2 weeks in JDF last time. When I passed here it used to be 2 wards, but they combined them to form a bigger ward and closed one of the apartments.

No comments:

Post a Comment