Thursday, May 24, 2018

Last transfer...05.21.2018

 Hello everyone,

This week was really crazy. We had divisons with Elder Stephens and Elder Andrews from Barbacena, Zone conference in Lafaiete with Pres. Lacerda, a stake activity that we prepared, baptismal interviews in São João and Barbacena, a wedding and a baptism. 

     
The stake activity was called " A night in Lehi´s tent," where we did a funny play showing how members really affect or daily work for the better. I was Elder Joseph and my companion was Elder Faith and it went really well. Lots of things were improved, but it all ended well. Then we showed a video that we made of making contacts, going to appointments, and entering some houses. I will try and send the video to you guys but it is a big file so we will see. Everyone loved the activity and there were more than 120 people there.


​​
     The wedding was of Raone and Juslaine who are 2 members here of our ward that are fantastic. They help us out a lot and we got to be at their wedding at the church. They did the wedding outside and 1 hour before it started the rain came and soaked everything, but it stopped and the wedding went on after a short delay of an hour and a half. Directly after the wedding was the baptism of Jailton. 




     Sunday was a special Sunday with sacrament meeting given by the "missionary task force" better known as us and the stake missionary work leader. I talked about first impressions and how visitors don't remember much of what was fallen but how they were treated. You have 4 seconds to make a first impression and how important those 4 seconds are. If people don't feel at home at the church they wont return. It was a good Sunday. I discovered that I am being transferred for my last transfer in Juiz de Fora. I will be serving with Elder Ribeiro. It should be good. 

Until next week!
-Elder Smtih 

Questions:

Will you be in the office in JDF?

I won't be an office elder no. I will be a Zone Leader still.   JDF is one of the biggest cities in the mission, and there will be 4 elders in the apartment there as well.

I will be the zone leader of Elder Ricks and everyone in the mission staff. It should be good. I will work in the same ward that I passed in those 2 weeks of the emergency transfer. I already know the bishop there and he likes me. It will be good. And yes I will be able to work in my area a lot more. We won't have to do as may travels. Practically nothing to be honest. 

How has serving your mission compare to what you expected when you got your call 2.5 years ago in March 2016?
To be honest I didn't have many expectations of a mission when I left. I just knew that I would serve and that I would have to learn another language. However, as I am here my vision has opened up much more than  you can imagine. I don't have time to write about it much, but in 6 weeks you can make this question again personally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment