Monday, May 14, 2018

Mother's Day #2 and last transfer coming up...05.14.2018

Hey everyone,

     This week went by so fast. We had to travel to Soão Joãl Del Rei again, Barbacena, and Ouro Branco. The week started off well with a division with Elder Baron from Ouro Branco. He is in his first transfer here on the mission. He is really humble and is loving the mission experience. Although we weren't able to teach many people at home we made some good contacts and had a killer activity at the church. The sisters gave the message and we topped it off with "Show do Mormão" which is basically Mormon jeopardy.

     After the division it was pretty much travel and resolve problems. But at the end of it all we were able to baptize Thiago and Lécia in a combined baptismal reunion with the sisters where 5 people were baptized! It would have been 6 but Jailton arrived 2.5 hours late and so he will be baptized this Saturday.

 

     Sunday was a great Mothers day with a video call. It was so good to talk with the family and see how everyone has grown. Lots of things change in 2 years. The mission is going great. I am still learning a lot and making the most of these last few weeks. 




This could be my final week in Lafaiete but nobody knows. Some people think that I will leave because I have been here for so long, but others are thinking that President won't transfer me in the last transfer of my mission. Whatever happens will happen and I will know at the end of this week.  My mentality on the mission is wherever I am sent I will work there. I don't know if there is more than that, but I am content to know why I am working and seeing the changes in the lives of others and my own life.


Until next week!
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment