Monday, June 19, 2017

To Juiz de Fora again....06.19.2017

Hey everyone,

     This week a lot has happened and at the same time nothing has happened. Tuesday at 2:00 the assistants called me and asked me how I was doing and then told me that I was being emergency transferred to Juiz de Fora Grajau. So I had to say goodbye to everyone and pack up my suitcases and the next day I left. I got here and my new companion is Elder Papalino. When I arrived at the house someone had tried washing clothes but took the hose out of the drain and flooded the whole apartment so that was a good welcome to Juiz de Fora. 

      So right now I am trying to learn a whole new area, meet the members, and work. The good thing about this area is that the people are really receptive and if everything goes well there will be a baptism at the end of this week. The downside of the area is that we have to climb 3 huge hills to get to our house at the end of the day... My new companion is Elder Papalino from Sao Paulo. 

     The second day that I got here we had a service project of helping a member move houses. We spent 7 hours moving everything from the old house to the new one and I died after that. Her first apartment was on the thrid floor and then the new one was above a mechanic shop. So it had a huge ceiling meaning we had to climb even more stairs to put everything in the new place. I died.

     I am starting the process of getting to know the members again and this Sunday we went to a members house that is really far away because I want to visit all the members and Elder Papalino said that he had never gone there so we went. When we got there the family was really happy to receive our visit and offered lots of ideas and suggestions on how to help the ward. It was crazy because at the end they said it was the first visit from members/missionaries in the last 8 years. We are going to definitely continue working with them. 

      My thought of the week is do your family history. It will help you overcome the temptations of Satan and it is really easy. Oh and did you know that the church gives all the presidents of the U.S. when they enter a mural with their family history completed? Yeah I didn't.  That's cool.

Questions:

Who cuts your hair on the mission?
Well sometimes it is members, sometimes it is done by professionals, but the last time it was cut by Elder Sousa. He knows a little bit and it turned out relatively well, although it is a military cut.  I haven't had a bad haircut here, but this last one left me hair really short. Like I wake up and don't have do do anything so that is nice. But when I run my hand through my hair nothing happens so I don't like that part. 

Do they have Father's Day in Brazil?
I don't know if there is a fathers day in Brazil. No one here has said anything about it.

Are you near the mission home now?
I am more or less near the mission home. I think today i will go there to deliver some more reimbursement and pick up a package that they said arrived there.  I am 15 minutes from the church and it starts at 9:30.

How many are in the apartment?  Who?
In my apartment right now there are 4.Elder Western, Elder Kuperfer, Elder Papalino, and me. 3 Americans and one Brazilian. I haven't taken any pictures of the apartment yet, But there are 6 missionaries in my district.  The apartment is small but works for 4 people. It is bigger than the one in Resende. 

What is Acai summer?
Acai summer is a brand that is really good of the healthy ice cream like thing that used to only be in Brazil. A worker there showed me photos of acai summer in Florida, but it doesn't seem like you saw it. 


 Until next week.
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment