Monday, October 30, 2017

Happy Halloween there...Day of the Dead here...10.30.2017

Hey everyone, 

     So to start things off this week was transfers. I will be staying here for 6 more weeks with Elder MIranda. Elder Gutierrez will be leaving us and Elder Sparza will be arriving. He is relatively new here on the mission. Elder Wilson wlil be coming to the zone so it will be good to see him again. 

     Our investigator, Eduardo, is progressing really well and we told him to pray every day this week and at the end of the week if he has an answer we will baptize him the next Saturday. We also went to a less-actives house of a man called Fabio and his wife Iza. When we got there we talked a little bit and found out that he served a mission and he told us that his mom is ready to be baptized. That she has been giving lunch to the missionaries for 12 years and is pretty much a member not baptized. We marked with him to go to her house this Wednesday. She seems like an elect lady. 
     
      This week one of the highlights was an activity called "Show do Mormão com a Noite do Chocolate." It is kinda like jeopardy with questions about the church. It took a lot of work and planning to make it happen, but everyone liked it. The food part was the night of the chocolate and there was tons of chocolate to eat. I even made cookies and they were the first thing to be eaten. 

     This Sunday was the Primary program in both wards. I was able to help and play the violin with them. The two Primaries did really well. They definitely brought the Spirit. Sunday I was able to see my recent convert Leandro pass the sacrament for the first time as well. That was a really good experience. So yeah the work is moving forward, there are some baptisms lined up here soon and I am doing well.

Today we are going to go into the city center and I think we'll eat some Burger King because I am needing some fast food in my life right now. I am a little tired of rice and beans again. 

My time is ending, so until next week. Love you!
 

Who/what do you need me to pray for this week?

This week you can pray for Eduardo, Diego and Jocimar. They are all investigators that I am teaching that have lots of potential to be baptized soon.  They are amazing.

Have you received any letters from people?

Letters are mostly from family, but I get some good shout outs from home friends in emails from time to time. 

Do you ever use (or did you ever) the smart straw and filters?

The smart straw I used a few times, but then gave it to Elder Cruz. But the life straw water bottle thing I use every day. I switched the filter on it one time as well, but I still have 3 filtesr unopened. Each one filters like 1000 liters so I probably wont switch filters again. 

Until next week!
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment