Monday, November 6, 2017

Just a quick note today...11.06.2017

Hey everyone,

     One more week on the mission has gone by. Things are progressing nicely here in Nova Friburgo. However, this past Tuesday I woke up with a bad fever. I woke up, took some medicine and went back to sleep. When I woke up I asked for a blessing and then went to lunch. I was a little weak, but after lunch I was able to work. Thursday Elder Miranda was hit harder than I was and we had to stay home. I gave him medicine and we gave a blessing and the next day all was well. 

     This week we met with a less active family and started teaching the mom of Fabio, called Julia. We had a good lesson with her about eternal families and the power to make it happen. She understood everything, but thinks that it isn't her time yet, but we won't give up on her quite yet. Eduardo is progressing a lot. We set a goal with him to be baptized this week. If he doesn't smoke he will be baptized. We weren't able to visit Jocimar this week, but he went to church .He liked it a lot and we are going to try and make a baptismal date with him.

     This Saturday we had family night with Jair and Maria Jose. I played a video called "Look Where You Step." It talks about decisions and how they affect our lives. Then Sunday the men and women had a combined class that talked about choices as well. There was an interesting example given about a man seated on a wall, with one leg on each side. One side of the wall had lots of people in white pleading for him to come to their side; and the other side had lots of silent people with their arms crossed. The two sides represent heaven and hell. The man on the wall asked the silent people why they were silent. They responded they don't have to do anything to the people on the because they already on their side. If we don´t have our minds decided before a choice happens we will probably fall. We need to be 100% committed to what we believe. It was a good Sunday. Until next week!

Do you still have your speaker for music?  Does it work?  Do you have Christmas music still?

Yes, I still use my speaker and i still have the Christmas music.

Were there any celebrations for the Day of the Dead there in Nova Friburgo?

The only thing that people do here is go to the cemeteries. So besides this, the streets were completely empty.

What did you learn from your companion, Elder Miranda, this week?

I don't know. Probably some good examples to use in teaching. 

Do you still have your glasses?  Do you ever wear them or just contacts?

I still have them yes. I have used them twice on the mission. 

     -Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment